sábado, 16 de febrero de 2013

Bruno Sammartino: 'To this day I do not know who will present' - Because the delay of his nomination:



"After I retired, I spent a quarter century in the business and got a new regime, the Vince McMahon Jr and at first I will help.

I was with him at the announce table but I began to see things that I disliked.

I saw that the use of steroids in wrestling became alarmingly commonplace and saw changes in some naked wrestling with some vulgarity in the different things they did.

And it was too desecration.

That bothered me and bothered me so much that I closed my lot with it.

I hated seeing that business happens in 25 years take that direction.

Really that's when it all started.

When he reached the Hall of Fame, I was being very critical of the direction they had taken, and I would feel like a hypocrite if I accepted the invitation if I was against what they were doing.

So all these years they came I had rejected.

But this time what had happened is that I found that Dr. Joseph Maroon, whom I know personally and is a world-renowned surgeon who operated on me three times and his reputation is amazing, I said they were trying to clean the whole situation drug that was there and that made me feel good.

Some time later I was contacted by WWE, more specifically by Paul Levesque, aka Triple H, when I called I was not convinced but after I tried to tell you not only end the drug problem and how strict they were thus spoke but they were trying to make everything more familiar ending nudity, vulgarity, desecration and all.

Six or seven weeks ago I began to see the issue because I had my doubts to be honest.

While Paul was calling me and talking more and more about the direction they were taking and after seeing it and having a meeting with Dr. Maroon I explained again what was said:

"I never want to go to the Hall of Fame because you feel like a hypocrite.

But What if I change? What if changes everything? Reconsiderarías??.

Sure it would.

If it changed course reconsider.

And they convinced me that they had changed and they convinced me (Paul Levesque did) that they wanted to go for the whole family and plans going forward is to go further and I liked everything he had to say.

Putting it all together is what made me accept. "

-On their interactions with Vince McMahon and their relationship:

"Before you say anything I have not talked to Vince McMahon at all.

In the last six months I have spoken with Paul Levesque've never talked to Vince McMahon.

Yes, he's the boss, so I think that my conversations with Paul Levesque and the agreements we have reached to take place he had to talk to Vince and Vince of course had to accept.

But it will be the first time I see him at Madison Square Garden when the Hall of Fame.

I have not spoken to him and so that there are no plans for us to meet in person at that time.

So when we meet if he wants to bury the hatchet as the old saying I felicitare by the changes you have made.

I've criticized before and give you credit because these changes would not have taken place without his approval.

We must be fair.

So when I see him I will shake hands and say "Hey, I'm looking to bury the hatchet, I liked what you did before but I like a lot what you're doing now, so I'm willing to put aside our past ".

- Upon whom you plan to enter it:

"There are a number of people from which to choose but to be honest I told Paul that if I had my choice and if I could choose someone who quiesiera but if they had someone in mind because the business has changed (now they are in 126 countries of the world from what I understand) so I think they want someone recognized worldwide.

I do not want to force the issue.


If it were me there would be a number of people who would like Larry Zbyszko, Ivan Koloff because I lost the title against first, Bill Watts because I have a history with and a good friend who could appreciate and Dominic DeNuci.

But you know that they prefer to choose someone to recognize more worldwide.

Today has not been decided who is going to be. "

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario